We feel it is important to give back to the communities that have given so much to us. The Neighbourhood Unit Gives Back is an opportunity to provide local charities and community groups with our maps to aid in their fundraising efforts. In the past we have donated maps for silent auctions, prize raffles and as gifts for cash donations. Whatever your means of fundraising is, it's our hope we can help you achieve your goals.
We support non-profit organizations that align with our core priorities:
- Locally based initiatives that serve a neighbourhood or city population
- Community capacity building and empowerment
- LGBTQ support and programming
- Mental health support and programming
- Must be located within Canada
We will endeavour to balance donations between registered charities and community groups.
There is no deadline for submission. We will review applications as they are submitted. Please submit your application well in advance of the date it is needed.
There is no limit to the number of maps an organization can request. However, we are a small business and will provide donations based on the number of submissions received to date and our ability to give.
We generally do not provide donations for the following:
- Individuals or for-profit organizations
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Meetings, conferences or workshops
- Sports teams or athletic competitions
We will respond within a few days of receiving the submission.